- Basic Coloful Letters Wood DreidlesHeight: 1.6" - Nes Gadol Haya Sham$0.99 - $3.89
- Wood Dreidels with colorful lettersHeight: 2" - Nes Gadol Haya Poh$0.99 - $3.69
- Wood Dreidel in many colors- Nes Gadol Haya PoComes in two sizes$2.99
- 2 Magnetic Dreidel Set by Adi Sidler in Silver-Black$120.00
- Nickel Jerusalem design Dreidel with colorful stonesHeight: 1.6"$4.55
- Copper "Jerusalem" DreidelHeight: 1.6"$4.55
- 2 Magnetic Dreidel Set by Adi Sidler in Maroon-Black$120.00
- Round Plastic Dreidel In assorted ColorsDiameter: 3.1"$1.69
- Small Wooden Dreidel with Stand -JerusalemHeight: 3.6"$10.40
- Nes Gadol with Swarovski crystals Dreidel by DoritDiameter: 2.3"$23.40
- 2 Magnetic Dreidel Set by Adi Sidler in Gray-Black$120.00
- Small Wooden Dreidel with Stand -Jerusalem PinkHeight: 3.6"$10.40
- Small Wooden Dreidel with Stand - Seven SpeciesHeight: 3.6"$10.40
- Ancient Coin Replica with Brass Finish Dreidel by Yealat ChenDiameter: 3.1"$28.60
- Small Wooden Dreidel with Stand - Jerusalem in BlueHeight: 3.6”$10.40
- 2 Magnetic Dreidel Set by Adi Sidler in Gold-Silver$120.00
- Ancient Silver Pomegranate Dreidel with Blue Stones by Yealat ChenDiameter: 1.6"$13.00
- Colorful Design with Red Pomegranates Dreidel by Yealat ChenDiameter: 1.6"$15.60
- Art Nouveau Blue Enamel Dreidel by Yealat ChenDiameter: 4"$15.60
- 2 Magnetic Dreidel Set by Adi Sidler in Blue-Gray$120.00
- Set of Three Jerusalem Dreidels with Blue Stones by Yealat ChenDiameter: 1.2"$28.60
- These Miracles Dreidel by DoritDiameter: 2.3"$22.10
- Swirly Plastic Dreidel In assorted ColorsSize: 4.5 cm/1.7"$0.90
- Ancient Coin Replica Dreidel Copper Plated by Yealat ChenDiameter: 3.1"$28.60
- Pomegranates Dreidel by DoritDiameter: 2.3"$23.40
- Chanukah Dreidel by Dorit - Pomegranates and FlowersDiameter: 2.3"$22.10
- Hanukkah Dreidel by DoritDiameter: 2.3"$22.10
- Small Crystal Dreidel on Base - Nes Gadol Haya ShamSize: 3.5 cm/1.3"$11.70
- Floral Design with Turquoise Swarovski Stones Dreidel by Dorit JudaicaDiameter: 2.3"$23.40
- Crystal Dreidel on Base - Nes Gadol Haya ShamSize: 8 cm/13.1"$19.50
- Blue Stone Spiral Design Pewter Dreidel by Yealat ChenDiameter: 4"$15.60
- Round Hand Made Dreidel With Stones- Blue StarsDiameter: 2"$54.90
The Dreidels Game
The dreidel is a Chanukah game, as a reminder Greek-Syrian decrees prohibiting the Jews to learn Torah. The children would secretly meet to learn, and when the soldiers appeared, they would quickly pull out their dreidels and pretend to be playing a game. A meaningful, significant and fun gift!
How to spin - and maybe win!
It’s Chanukah - time to play dreidel – the four-sided spinning top made of wood, glass, metal or even pure silver. Notice the letters on each of its four sides: Nun, Gimmel, Hey and Shin. These are the initial letters of the phrase “nes gadol hayah sham” – a great miracle happened there. In Israel, the shin is substituted by a pay– standing for poh – here - instead of a shin meaning there.
Here’s how you play. Divide equally between players coins, nuts, candies or whatever you decide to play with. Everyone puts one of their goodies in the “bank” in the center. Remember, If during the game the “bank” is empty, each player will again put in one of his goodies.
The game begins. The player on the right spins his dreidel. If it falls on a:
• Nun – nil - he receives nothing, gives nothing and the next player spins.
• Hey – half - he is entitled to take half the “bank”.
• Gimmel – all - he has won the entire “bank”.
• Shin – give - he must contribute one of his goodies to the “bank”.
The game continues. The next person spins and so on. The game is won when one person has acquired the “bank” and everyone else’s savings too. Nobody will be too distressed at losing the game because there will be plenty of goodies to compensate the losers.
Alternatively, have a contest to see who can spin it the longest. Or who can get the most dreidels spinning simultaneously.