One reason why we cover the Challah on Shabbat, is to commemorate the manna which God sent the Jews when sojourning in the desert for forty years. The manna was covered with a light covering of dew to protect it. Choose from our varied collection of challah covers!
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Gold Embroidered Jerusalem - Fringes$8.38
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Gold Embroidered Shabbat Candles - Fringes$8.38
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Black Embroidery - Full Kiddush Text$14.31
- Dorit Judaica Challah Cover with Wheat Motif - Shabbat Shalom$30.14
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Challah Cover, Flowers - Colorful$31.09
- Black Velvet Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Seven Species$17.86
- Navy Velvet Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Western Wall$16.81
- White Brockett Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Gleaming Stones$27.60
- Dorit Judaica Challah Cover with Pomegranate Motif - Shabbat Shalom$30.14
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover - Geese & Plants$57.54
- Faux Leather Challah Cover - Decorative Off White and Brown Stripes$27.60
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Gold Embroidered Shabbat Motifs - Fringes$10.18
- Dorit Judaica Red & Green Pomegranates Challah Cover - Lichvod Shabbat Kodesh$27.40
- Faux Leather Challah Cover, Off White Diamond Design - Embroidery$27.60
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover Jerusalem Color$57.54
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover, Gold - Jerusalem Views$57.54
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Shabbat Motifs$17.86
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Challah Cover, Cornflowers - Gold and Silver$31.56
- Faux Leather Challah Cover, Off White Stripe on Dark Blue - Embroidery$23.51
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover - Seven Species$57.54
- Faux Leather Challah Cover, Off White Stripe on Gray - Embroidery$23.51
- Dorit Judaica Colorful Pomegranate Challah Cover - Shabbat Shalom$27.40
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover, Red - Jerusalem Views$57.54
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Gold Embroidered Geometric Design - Fringes$10.18
- Linen Fabric Challah Cover, Embroidered Vertical Jerusalem Design - Brown$19.43
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Decorative Flowers$15.07
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover, Blue - Jerusalem Views$57.54
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Challah Cover, Flowers - Colorful$31.56
- Challah Cover with Oriental Sequin design$19.18
- Yair Emanuel Raw Silk Challah Cover Embroidered Appliques, Seven Species - Cream$47.37
- Linen Fabric Challah Cover, Embroidered Jerusalem Design - Gold and Off White$19.43
- Dorit Judaica Lilac Pomegranates Challah Cover - Lichvod Shabbat VeYom Tov$27.40
Challah Covers for Shabbat and Yom Tov
Perhaps the most prominent item on the Shabbat table is the Challah Cover, to be found in the center or at the top of the table covering the two challahs on the challah board. It may be the first item you will notice when you enter the room and since it remains displayed on the table until after kiddush, it plays an important role in the table décor, setting the tone and atmosphere.
Scroll through our selection of Challah Covers and enjoy their quality and visual beauty. All of them are pretty and artistic and will enhance your table and the Shabbat experience. Whichever one you choose, you can be sure that it will be enjoyed and used with pleasure week after week. Whether it is for yourself or a dear one, a Challah Cover is always a popular gift and can be presented for an engagement, wedding, House Warming or any family event.
We feature many Challah Covers for the budget-conscious. Usually made of cotton or terylene, they are white or colorful and often feature silver or gold embroidery with pretty tassels. There are classic or contemporary designs, heavily decorated or plainer styles.
If you are looking for a design that will be immediately identified, our two most popular and beloved Judaica artists in Israel remain Yair Emanuel and Dorit Judaica. Their hallmark styles remain favorite classics that are to be found on Shabbat tables all over the world.
Yair Emanuel is a passionate believer in the power of color to shape the mood of the moment. His Challah Covers are a splash of blues, reds and pinks. He lavishly uses traditional motifs. A favorite is the pomegranate and pictures of Jerusalem themes. There are also floral and animal themes with birds and gentle doves. A Yair Emanuel Challah Cover is always an exciting visual experience.
Equally dramatic are the Challah covers of Dorit Judaica. With exquisite exactitude, she offers her traditional intricate wheel designs that incorporate her ever popular pomegranate designs. We find that many of our customers specifically prefer Dorit Judaica because the design can later be matched up with other items for the Shabbat table.
If you have difficulty making your choice please call our customer service. They have been trained and are experienced so they will know how to help you so that you should feel you have made the right purchase in every way.