One reason why we cover the Challah on Shabbat, is to commemorate the manna which God sent the Jews when sojourning in the desert for forty years. The manna was covered with a light covering of dew to protect it. Choose from our varied collection of challah covers!
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Gold Embroidered Jerusalem - Fringes$8.75
- Dorit Judaica Challah Cover - Papercut Design with Shabbat Blessing Words$28.60
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Challah Cover, Flowers - Colorful$32.45
- Dorit Judaica Challah Cover with Wheat Motif - Shabbat Shalom$31.46
- Black Velvet Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Seven Species$18.65
- Navy Velvet Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Western Wall$17.55
- Dorit Judaica Challah Cover, Flowerburst Design with Shabbat Blessing Words$28.60
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Gold Embroidered Shabbat Motifs - Fringes$10.62
- Dorit Judaica Red & Green Pomegranates Challah Cover - Lichvod Shabbat Kodesh$28.60
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover Jerusalem Color$60.06
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover, Gold - Jerusalem Views$60.06
- Dorit Judaica Challah Cover, Pomegranates with Hebrew Prayer Words$28.60
- Dorit Judaica Colorful Pomegranate Challah Cover - Shabbat Shalom$28.60
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Shabbat Motifs$18.64
- Dorit Judaica Challah Cover, Floral Design with Lecha Dodi Prayer Words$28.60
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Challah Cover, Cornflowers - Gold and Silver$32.95
- Faux Leather Challah Cover, Off White Stripe on Gray - Embroidery$24.54
- Barbara Shaw Challah Cover - Rich Pink Pomegranate Design$45.00
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover - Seven Species$60.06
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Challah Cover, Flowers - Colorful$32.95
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver Embroidery - Decorative Flowers$15.73
- White Satin Challah Cover, Silver and Gold Embroidered Geometric Design - Fringes$10.62
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover, Red - Jerusalem Views$60.06
- Barbara Shaw Challah Cover, Oriental Floral Tile Design – Turquoise$45.00
- Challah Cover with Oriental Sequin design$9.95
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Challah Cover, Blue - Jerusalem Views$60.06
- Yair Emanuel Raw Silk Challah Cover Embroidered Appliques, Seven Species - Cream$49.45
- Barbara Shaw Challah Cover - Ornate Blue Paisley Design$45.00
- Dorit Judaica Lilac Pomegranates Challah Cover - Lichvod Shabbat VeYom Tov$28.60
- Yair Emanuel Raw Silk Challah Cover Embroidered Appliques, Pomegranates - Gold$49.45
- Linen Style Challah Cover in Light Blue, Cream and Gray Patchwork$24.14
- Barbara Shaw Challah Cover, Challah Images - Shabbat Shalom, Hebrew and English$45.00
Challah Covers for Shabbat and Yom Tov
Perhaps the most prominent item on the Shabbat table is the Challah Cover, to be found in the center or at the top of the table covering the two challahs on the challah board. It may be the first item you will notice when you enter the room and since it remains displayed on the table until after kiddush, it plays an important role in the table décor, setting the tone and atmosphere.
Scroll through our selection of Challah Covers and enjoy their quality and visual beauty. All of them are pretty and artistic and will enhance your table and the Shabbat experience. Whichever one you choose, you can be sure that it will be enjoyed and used with pleasure week after week. Whether it is for yourself or a dear one, a Challah Cover is always a popular gift and can be presented for an engagement, wedding, House Warming or any family event.
We feature many Challah Covers for the budget-conscious. Usually made of cotton or terylene, they are white or colorful and often feature silver or gold embroidery with pretty tassels. There are classic or contemporary designs, heavily decorated or plainer styles.
If you are looking for a design that will be immediately identified, our two most popular and beloved Judaica artists in Israel remain Yair Emanuel and Dorit Judaica. Their hallmark styles remain favorite classics that are to be found on Shabbat tables all over the world.
Yair Emanuel is a passionate believer in the power of color to shape the mood of the moment. His Challah Covers are a splash of blues, reds and pinks. He lavishly uses traditional motifs. A favorite is the pomegranate and pictures of Jerusalem themes. There are also floral and animal themes with birds and gentle doves. A Yair Emanuel Challah Cover is always an exciting visual experience.
Equally dramatic are the Challah covers of Dorit Judaica. With exquisite exactitude, she offers her traditional intricate wheel designs that incorporate her ever popular pomegranate designs. We find that many of our customers specifically prefer Dorit Judaica because the design can later be matched up with other items for the Shabbat table.
If you have difficulty making your choice please call our customer service. They have been trained and are experienced so they will know how to help you so that you should feel you have made the right purchase in every way.