- Silver Plated Four Piece Havdalah Set - Jerusalem Design$89.59
- Silver Plated 4-Piece Havdalah Set - Grape Design$77.51
- Silver Plated Two-Piece Havdalah Wand, Candle and Spice Holder - Flower Design$39.00
- Havdalah Two-in-One Wand, Spice Box and Candle Holder - Silver Plated$51.69
- Silver Plated 4-Piece Havdalah Set - Filigree Design$93.62
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Havdalah Spice Bag with Cloves - Pomegranates$8.89
- Silver Plated 4-Piece Havdalah Set - Diamond Design$76.45
- Silver Plated 2-Piece Havdalah Wand, Candle & Spice Holder - Jerusalem Design$39.00
- Silver Plated 4-Piece Havdalah Set - Geometric Design$73.24
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted 4-Piece Wood Havdalah Set - Jerusalem$108.00
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Spice Box with Cloves - Jerusalem$12.00
- Two Piece Havdalah Set, Spice & Candle Holder - Silver Plated with Gold Elements2 Piece Set$42.28
- Silver Plated 4-Piece Havdalah Set - Beaded Regency Design4 Piece Set$90.55
- Four-Piece Havdalah Set, Silver Plate with Gold Elements - Diamond Design$79.53
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Havdalah Spice Bag with Cloves - Shavua Tov$8.89
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Havdalah Spice Bag with Cloves - Flowers$8.89
- Yair Emanuel Hammered Nickel 2-in-1 Compact Wand Havdalah SetChoice of colors$48.79
- Small Havdalah Spice Bag with Cloves - Sheer White$8.08
- 4-Piece Ceramic Armenian Havdalah Set - Colorful Blue FlowersFour Piece Set$60.40
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Havdalah Spice Bag with Cloves - Jerusalem Design$8.89
- 4-Piece Nickel Plated Decorative Havdalah Set – OctagonFour Piece Set$91.10
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Spice Box with Cloves - Oriental Forest$15.20
- Havdalah Spice Bag with Hebrew Besamim Blessing Words - Colorful$8.08
- Shraga Landesman Pomegranate and Dove 4-Pce Havdalah Set - Brass Wood and Steel$389.58
- Yair Emanuel Hammered Aluminum Cone Shaped Havdalah Set - Blue Bands$134.74
- Havdalah Spice Bag with Hebrew Besamim Blessing Words - Yellow and Blue$8.08
- Yair Emanuel Replacement Candle for Compact 3-in-1 Travel Havdalah Set$4.22
- Yair Emanuel Hand-Painted 4-Piece Wood Havdalah Set, Blue - Seven Species$108.00
- Two-Piece Silver Plated Havdalah Set - Spice Box and Candle Holder2 Piece Set$46.46
- Yair Emanuel Contemporary Anodized Aluminum 4-Piece Havdalah Set - Multicolored$109.01
- Havdalah Spice Bag with Hebrew Besamim Blessing Words - Yellow$8.08
- Four Piece Filigree Decorated Havdalah Set – Silver Plated and Gold$120.42
Havdalah Sets for Sale
After a restful Shabbot steeped in spirituality, you gather around for the Havdalah (separation) services, which accompany the Shabbat as it departs, returning you to daily, mundane existence. light a special Havdalah candle and recite a prayer, smelling fragrant spices and reciting the Blessing over a goblet of wine. Jewish tradition tells that each Jewish person acquires an extra soul on Shabbat and when the day ends the soul departs. This departure leaves you with an inexplicable sadness and you use the spices from the Havdalah ceremony to lift your spirit.
The sets we offer run the gamut from the classic pewter and nickel ones to the ultra contemporary Agayof styles, in flamboyant shades of magenta, turquoise and more. Enjoy the smooth Landesman Havdalah sets with scenes from nature, such as doves and pomegrantes gracefully incorporated into the actual items.
Shabbat is the Jewish Sabbath and it falls on Saturday. From Friday evening until Saturday evening, observant Jewish people observe a special day of rest. This day of rest is meant to reflect the "rest" that G-d took after creating the world in six days. G-d commanded the Jewish people to rest on this day in the Bible and for centuries this is exactly what they have done.
Just as the Shabbat day is ushered in with a special candle lighting ceremony in which the women of the house light a candle for every family member and is blessed over a cup of wine, the Shabbat day is accompanied as it leaves with a special Havdalah ceremony. Havdalah is a Hebrew word meaning differentiation and this is just what the ceremony does- differentiates between the holy Shabbat day and the mundane rest of the week.
Three objects are needed for the Havdalah ceremony; a candle, a cup of wine and fragrant spices. There are special sets that include all three objects that can be bought called Havdalah sets and they make wonderful presents for newly-married couples. The cup of wine is blessed over, the candle is lit and blessed over and the fragrant and blessed and smelled. The wine is used as this is the practice in Judaism at special ceremonies- to sanctify wine in honor of the event, the candle is lit and after being blessed over, all those present raise their hands and observe their fingernails in its light. The spices are blessed over and smelled so as to sweeten the sorrow of the extra soul that comes down into every Jew on Shabbat departing at this very moment.
After the blessings are recited, a little bit of the wine is spilled on to a plate and the candle is extinguished in the pool of wine. Some have the custom to dip their pinkies in the pool of wine and pat the wine on their eyelids, on their pockets, on their temple- each place represents a different blessing ? whether for riches, wisdom or that we should only see pure sights. Afterwards, many have the custom to sing special songs that describe the departure of Shabbat.