Star of David Pendants & Necklaces
- AJDesign Sterling Silver Interlocking Triangles Star of David Pendant with Chain$20.61
- Star of David Necklace for Women in 925 Sterling Silver with Rope Chain$20.61
- AJDesign Classic Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant with Chain$16.48 - $22.67
- Merkaba Charm Necklace 3D Sacred Geometry Star Tetrahedron in Sterling Silver$16.44 - $22.63
- AJDesign Thin Classic 14k Gold-Plated Star of David Pendant with Chain$10.29
- AJDesign Classic 24k Gold-Plated Star of David Charm Pendant$8.95
- AJDesign 24k Gold-Plated Merkaba Kabbalah Charm Pendant$10.95
- Classic Rhodium Silver Necklace with Magen David pendant$4.62 - $5.15
- Two Part Shema Rhodium Necklace with Gold Star of David$6.03
- Rhodium Colorful Star of David Pendant Necklace$4.69
- Two Part Shema Israel with gold Magen David Rhodium Necklace$6.03
- Rhodium Star of David Pendant Necklace with stones$5.36
- Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant in Chai circle$15.36
- Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant in Circle$15.45
- 14K Gold interlocked Star of David Pendant$305.06
- Rhodium Star of David Pendant Necklace$4.69
- Shalom pendant of sterling silver$22.78
- 14K Gold Hammered Unique Star of David Pendant$232.90
- Rhodium Star of David Necklace$4.69
- Sterling Silver Magen David Pendant$24.79
- Pendant of Sterling Silver in Star of David Design$12.73
- 14K Gold Unique Star of David Pendant - Concave Shape$294.75
- Star of David Pendant in Sterling Silver$18.76
- Zion pendant on Sterling Silver Star of David$10.59
- 14K Gold Classic Star of David Pendant$355.62
- Star of David Coloful Heart Design Rhodium Necklace$6.70
- aJudaica Hamsa Star of David Rhodium Necklace$5.36
- 14K Gold Classic Star of David Pendant$305.06
- aJudaica Gold Plated Double Star of David Necklace$5.14
- aJudaica Dove of Peace Star of David Rhodium Necklace$9.38
- Secret Of Merkabah Pendant - HaAri Kabbalah Jewelry$47.41
- 14K Gold Star of David Pendant Engraved Jerusalem Wall Kotel$412.26
Star of David Pendants and Necklaces Collection
You'll find just the Star of David pendant you were looking for in our varied stock of silver, gold filled and handmade necklaces. Proudly wear your Star of David pendant or give a beautiful and meaningful gift to that special person! The large choice of star of david jewelry include quality gold filled ones, which keep their beautiful color and don't peel or flake. The Jewish star necklaces come in a variety of styles, including blue enamel with zirconium, garnet, and multicolored stones. Some come in classic silver with or without elegant turquoise stones. You can pick the one which most suits your taste or that of your loved one.
The Star of David, Jewish Star, or Magen David is the most typical article of Jewish Jewelry, usually worn on a necklace. "Magen David" means shield of David. It is a Jewish symbol that has been in use at least since Babylonian times. The Star of David is part of the flag of the Zionist movement and the State of Israel. The six pointed star is the basis of many attractive designs.
What is the Star of David - Magen David?
The Star of David is a hexagram, made up of two equilateral triangles. It is a symbol that is commonly recognized as representing Jewish identity. It is actually a relatively new symbol.
What does it represent?
According to some, the upper-facing triangle represents a striving towards G-d, whereas the lower triangle strives downwards towards the real world. Perhaps this represents the Jewish ideal of bringing down G-dliness from on High down into the physical, every-day world that we live in. it is the synthesis of the two worlds- spiritual and physical that sets Judaism apart from other religions.
Others say that the Star of David is made up of twelve lines representing the twelve tribes of Israel who are the sons of Jacob and ancestors of Israel. It may be that the twelve tribes making up a unified Star of David could represent the idea of Unity- another strong motif in Judaism. Ultimately, the Jewish people are striving for a world where they will live in peace with their brethren and through doing so will achieve unity with G-d. Today it is very common for Jewish people to wear Star of David Necklace.
What is the origin of the Star of David?
Stars of David appear in Jewish contexts since antiquity. There is even a Star of David on the arch of a Synagogue that dates back to the third or fourth century in the Galil. The use of the Star of David as a meaningful symbol probably first appears in the Leningrad Codex which is a Tanakh manu that dates back to 1008.
What is the origin of the name "Star of David"?
The origin of "Magen David"- the Hebrew for the Star of David and literally translated as "Shield of David" is a poetic reference to G-d. This name hints to the fact that King David's glory was not due to his own might but due to G-d's assistance. Additionally, on Shabbat after the Haftora reading in the Synagogue, we bless G-d calling him "Shield of David".
What is the modern use?
In the Holocaust, Hitler, may his name and memory be erased, forced every Jew to wear a yellow Star of David with the word "Jude"- "Jew" in German boldly written in the centre. This was an invitation for others to ridicule, mock, harm and denigrate the wearer.
Today, the Jewish people merited to return to the Land of Israel, to live as a people in their own right. They took the symbol that was a source of shame in the Holocaust and proudly displayed it on their national flag. In 1948, the blue Star of David between two horizontal blue stripes officially became Israel's flag.