Roman Glass Jewelry
- Roman Glass Filigree 925 Sterling Silver Necklace with Star of David$135.17
- Michal Kirat 925 Silver Seal Grafted In Roman Glass Necklace$95.58
- Roman Glass 925 Sterling Silver Tree of Life Pendant Necklace$123.90
- Michal Kirat Star of David Roman Glass Silver Necklace - Freshwater Pearls$54.59
- Star of David Roman Glass Necklace$63.37
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Star of David Silver Necklace - Demorterite Beads$59.24
- Michal Kirat Silver Necklace with Framed Roman Glass Pendant & Leaf Decoration$74.34
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Star of David Silver Necklace - Freshwater Pearls$59.22
- Michal Kirat Silver Star of David Roman Glass Necklace - Freshwater Pearls$59.24
- Michal Kirat Star of David Roman Glass Silver Necklace - Demorterite Beads$59.24
- Roman Glass 925 Sterling Silver Necklace Filigree Star of David$144.18
- Michal Kirat Dangle Earrings with Roman Glass Silver Swirls - Galilee Bridge$124.29
- Michal Kirat Freshwater Pearls Necklace with Silver Framed Roman Glass Pendant$62.73
- Michal Kirat Rectangle Roman Glass Drop Earrings with Decorative Demorterites$47.63
- Roman Glass 925 Sterling Silver Necklace Textured Star of David$146.44
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass with Sterling Silver Drop Earrings Antique Style$63.89
- Michal Kirat Silver Necklace and Roman Glass Pendant with Leaf Decoration$74.34
- Michal Kirat Star of David Roman Glass Silver Necklace - Peridot Beads$54.59
- Roman Glass 925 Sterling Silver Necklace with Star of David Polished Finish$146.44
- Michal Kirat Silver Hamsa with Roman Glass Decoration and Ayolite Beads$78.52
- Michal Kirat Freshwater Pearls Silver Necklace - Roman Glass Star of David Pendant$103.37
- 925 Sterling Silver Necklace with Filigree Star of David and Roman Glass$123.90
- Roman Glass Hammered 925 Sterling Silver Necklace with Star of David$165.59
- Michal Kirat Ring with Circular Roman Glass in Smooth Silver Frame$60.35
- Roman Glass Filigree 925 Sterling Silver Necklace with Star of David$123.90
- 3D 925 Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace - Roman Glass Jerusalem Design$214.05
- Michal Kirat Blue Lolite Beads Silver Necklace with Roman Glass Flower Pendant$82.41
- 14K Gold Star of David Pendant with Roman Glass in Square Decorative Frame$529.57
- Roman Glass Hamsa Necklace$63.42
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Silver Necklace with Flowing Spiral Wave Design$123.13
- 14K Gold Roman Glass Decorative Star of David Pendant with Filigree Art$473.23
- Michal Kirat Silver Necklace with Iolite Beads - Roman Glass Pendant$72.48
Jewelry Made of Roman Glass
Roman glass jewelry is just that – a piece of jewelry holding glass that is over 2000 years old. Yes, two thousand years old.
Each one of aJudaica’s Roman Glass jewelry items holds a piece of glass that was excavated in the Land of Israel, buried deep in the earth, preserved since the far-off days of the Roman occupation of Israel. The abundance of fine sand in Israel, or Judea as it was known as a Roman province in those days, made it a flourishing center for the production of glass vessels to be exported all over the Roman Empire.
Now, so many years later, archeologists in their many digs in the Holy Land have discovered this beautiful glass and are amazed to see how the mineral properties of the sand have preserved and enhanced its iridescent beauty. AJudaica’s jewelry artists have used it to create exquisite pieces of jewelry that speak of beauty, history and pride in Jewish identity.
A piece of jewelry made with Roman glass is like a precious heirloom, a lingering memento of the past, a reminder of the Jewish presence in the Land of Israel as far back as two thousand years ago. Wear one of our Roman Glass necklaces and let your imagination flow. Maybe this glowing glass was once part of a wine glass, a vase, jar or jug that graced a Jewish home. It was used and enjoyed then and today it is again being used to give pleasure as a jewelry adornment.
World-famous Roman Glass artist, Michal Karat, tells us that transforming Roman Glass into a piece of jewelry is a precious art that for each artist is a closely guarded secret. Special skills are required to maintain the color and texture of the fragile glass and to ensure that it still remains prominent in the design and that the setting blends with its glowing colors. Sterling silver is usually the metal of choice with the addition of natural pearls and beads of semi-precious stones. Of course, the glass is strengthened so that it is almost non-breakable.
Scroll through our selection. Most of the necklaces we have chosen from Michal Karat’s collection display a Star of David design or have a pendant design. Each one carries recognized certification confirming authenticity certified by the top experts in the field.
Add a Roman Glass jewelry item to your collection and feel the thrill of the past, the joy of the present and anticipation for a glorious future.