Roman Glass Jewelry
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Star of David Silver Necklace - Demorterite Beads$52.57
- Star of David Roman Glass Necklace$56.28
- Michal Kirat Star of David Roman Glass Silver Necklace - Freshwater Pearls$48.44
- 14K Gold Star of David Pendant with Roman Glass in Square Decorative Frame$474.10
- Michal Kirat Silver Necklace with Framed Roman Glass Pendant & Leaf Decoration$65.97
- Roman Glass Filigree 925 Sterling Silver Necklace with Star of David$123.64
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Star of David Silver Necklace - Freshwater Pearls$52.55
- 14K Gold Decorative Star of David Pendant with Filigree Art and Roman Glass$428.75
- Michal Kirat Silver Star of David Roman Glass Necklace - Freshwater Pearls$52.57
- Michal Kirat Star of David Roman Glass Silver Necklace - Peridot Beads$48.44
- Jerusalem Stone Roman Glass Necklace$154.10
- 14k Gold Star of David with Filigree Design and Roman Glass Center$428.75
- Roman Glass Filigree 925 Sterling Silver Necklace with Star of David$113.33
- Michal Kirat Silver Necklace and Roman Glass Pendant with Leaf Decoration$65.97
- Michal Kirat Star of David Roman Glass Silver Necklace - Demorterite Beads$52.57
- Star of David 14K Gold Pendant with Engraved Shema and Roman Glass in Center$508.11
- Michal Kirat Freshwater Pearls Silver Necklace - Roman Glass Star of David Pendant$91.74
- 14K Gold Oval Pendant with Roman Glass and Sculpted Jerusalem Image$597.79
- Michal Kirat Rectangle Roman Glass Drop Earrings with Decorative Demorterites$42.26
- Michal Kirat Circular Roman Glass Drop Earrings Set in Delicate Silver Scalloped Frame$48.44
- Michal Kirat Earrings with Circular Roman Glass Stone Set in Engraved Silver Heart$87.61
- Michal Kirat Adjustable Ring with Round Roman Glass in Center of Sterling Silver Star of David$45.56
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Earrings set in Delicate Sterling Silver Floral Frame$96.90
- 14k Gold Mezuzah Style Pendant with Shin Letter and Roman Glass$439.06
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Silver Necklace Hamsa Pendant - Peridot Beads$52.57
- 14K Gold Mezuzah Pendant with Filigree Frame and Roman Glass Center$515.34
- Michal Kirat Roman Glass Silver Necklace with Flowing Spiral Wave Design$109.26
- Michal Kirat Silver Star of David Necklace with Roman Glass - Freshwater Pearls$68.03
- Michal Kirat Silver Hamsa with Roman Glass Decoration and Ayolite Beads$69.68
- 14K Gold Mezuzah Pendant with Roman Glass and a Filigree Design Frame$515.34
- Michal Kirat Freshwater Pearls Silver Necklace with Square Roman Glass Pendant$191.62
- Michal Kirat Bracelet with Circular Roman Glass Pieces and Engraved Silver Links$117.92
Jewelry Made of Roman Glass
Roman glass jewelry is just that – a piece of jewelry holding glass that is over 2000 years old. Yes, two thousand years old.
Each one of aJudaica’s Roman Glass jewelry items holds a piece of glass that was excavated in the Land of Israel, buried deep in the earth, preserved since the far-off days of the Roman occupation of Israel. The abundance of fine sand in Israel, or Judea as it was known as a Roman province in those days, made it a flourishing center for the production of glass vessels to be exported all over the Roman Empire.
Now, so many years later, archeologists in their many digs in the Holy Land have discovered this beautiful glass and are amazed to see how the mineral properties of the sand have preserved and enhanced its iridescent beauty. AJudaica’s jewelry artists have used it to create exquisite pieces of jewelry that speak of beauty, history and pride in Jewish identity.
A piece of jewelry made with Roman glass is like a precious heirloom, a lingering memento of the past, a reminder of the Jewish presence in the Land of Israel as far back as two thousand years ago. Wear one of our Roman Glass necklaces and let your imagination flow. Maybe this glowing glass was once part of a wine glass, a vase, jar or jug that graced a Jewish home. It was used and enjoyed then and today it is again being used to give pleasure as a jewelry adornment.
World-famous Roman Glass artist, Michal Karat, tells us that transforming Roman Glass into a piece of jewelry is a precious art that for each artist is a closely guarded secret. Special skills are required to maintain the color and texture of the fragile glass and to ensure that it still remains prominent in the design and that the setting blends with its glowing colors. Sterling silver is usually the metal of choice with the addition of natural pearls and beads of semi-precious stones. Of course, the glass is strengthened so that it is almost non-breakable.
Scroll through our selection. Most of the necklaces we have chosen from Michal Karat’s collection display a Star of David design or have a pendant design. Each one carries recognized certification confirming authenticity certified by the top experts in the field.
Add a Roman Glass jewelry item to your collection and feel the thrill of the past, the joy of the present and anticipation for a glorious future.