Groggers, or noisemakers are used in the synagogue during reading of Megillat Esther on Purim, whenever the name of the wicked "Haman" is mentioned. A fun gift!
- Colorful Low Cost Purim Groggers$0.90 - $5.55
- Large Colorful Wooden Purim Grogger for Children$2.83 - $20.71
- Wood Purim Grogger with Colorful Jerusalem Old City Design$7.79
- Large Purim Groggers$2.10 - $11.85
- Wood Purim Grogger for Children$2.30 - $19.60
- Wood Purim Grogger with Colorful Jerusalem Design$7.79
- Small Wood Purim Grogger with Mi'shenichnas Adar Inscription - Dark Brown$6.92
- Wood Purim Grogger with Mi'shenichnas Adar Inscription - Dark Brown$13.73
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Purim Grogger, Blue - Peacocks & Birds$38.85
- Wood Purim Grogger with Mi'shenichnas Adar inscription - Brown$13.73
Gragger, sometimes pronounced grogger, is a noise maker used on Purim when the usual decorum of the Synagogue is disrupted as adults join children to make noise whenever the name of the wicked Haman is mentioned during the reading of the Megilah. Haman was a vicious anti-Semite who had a compulsive hatred of the Jews. Banging on the grogger – and the noise can sometimes be deafening – is a reminder of G-d’s timeless protection of the Jewish people. As He saved us from the wicked Haman, so too we fervently believe that He will continue to provide Divine protection.
Choose from aJudaica’s selection of groggers and enjoy making that noise in the Synagogue on Purim. A low-cost pack of ten in bright cheerful colors is perfect for teachers and little ones. They come in small or medium size.
If you would like something sturdier, try our wooden groggers. You can choose one that is colorful or a more dignified dark brown model with a scroll design.
Take a look at the ever-popular Yair Emanuel groggers and thrill as you feel the joy of Purim surging through his colorful designs. There are three magnificent options depicting images of Jerusalem, the story of Purim or a peacock design. A clever twist - the grogger fits into a neat base so it stands proudly upright when not in use.
You can add spirit to your noise-making with a prestigious Avner Agayof aluminum grogger made in Israel. Choose a comical clown or the powerful lion design. After Purim keep them on display – a great reminder for the kids of their favorite day in the Jewish calendar.