- Stainless Steel Wash Cup with Hebrew TextHeight 11cm / 2.7"$15.60
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup with two handles$14.00
- Children's Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup By AgayofChoice of 7 colors$240.50
- Stainless Steel Ritual Washing CupSize: Height 14cm / 5.5"$16.90
- Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup Jerusalem Design$32.50
- Lively Jerusalem design Wash Cup By Emanuel$33.67
- Pink Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Pink$10.79
- Gold Jerusalem Design Polyresin Wash CupHeight: 5.3"$26.00
- Blue Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Blue$10.79
- Silver Plated Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$29.90
- Light Blue Wash Cup by Benny DabbahHeight: 5"/13 cm$188.50
- Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$15.60
- Colorful "Old City" Wash Cup By Emanuel$33.67
- Silver Plated Jerusalem Wash Cup$37.70
- Wash Cup by in Black by Benny DabbahHeight: 5"/13 cm$188.50
- Blue Cast Aluminum Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup By Emanuel$35.10
- Green Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Green$10.79
- Anodize Aluminum Netilat Yadayim Cup - Silver$35.10
- Stainless Steel Ritual Wash Cup$15.60
- Wash Cup by in Purple by Benny DabbahHeight: 5"/13 cm$188.50
- Old City design Wash Cup By Emanuel$38.87
- Grape design Wash Cup By Emanuel$33.67
- Orange Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup by Benny DabbahHeight: 5"/13 cm$188.50
- The Seven Species Wash Cup By Emanuel$38.87
- Red Cast Aluminum Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup By Emanuel$35.10
- Purple Cast Aluminum Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup By Emanuel$35.10
- Armenian Wash Cup "Netilat Yadayim"$33.15
- Silver Color Wash Cup by Benny DabbahHeight: 5"/13 cm$188.50
- Blue Wash Cup by EmanuelSize: 5.5" X 5.5"$28.60
- Blue Wash Cup by Benny DabbahHeight: 5"/13 cm$188.50
- Silver Color Wash Cup by Yair EmanuelSize: 5.5" X 5.5"$28.60
- Silver Plated Square Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$37.70
What is a Wash Cup?
A wash cup, a large cup with a circular rim without a lip, is a vital feature in every Jewish home and there is usually at least one cup standing next to every sink. It is used on rising in the morning and throughout the course of the day, the wash cup will be in use as the hands are ritually washed.
The origin of the law of washing hands dates back to the times of the Temple and the stringent laws followed by the Priests regarding purity and hand washing before partaking of the sacrifices. Different grades of purity and impurity were in force until the Destruction of the Temple. Today, an entire body of law governs the wash cup and how and when the hands should be washed.
When do we wash our hands?
The most well-known washing of hands is before eating bread - known as Netilat Yadayim. This is not a washing of hands for hygiene. In fact, before Netilat Yadayim, the hands must be scrupulously clean. So, first use soap and water if you wish. Afterwards, fill the wash cup with clean water and pour twice on each hand until the wrist. The blessing is recited and the hands are carefully dried.
Another important and well-known ritual hand washing is the Netilat Yadayim of negel vasser, the washing of the hands first thing in the morning. Many prepare the bowl and wash cup next to their bed so that it is ready for use the moment they wake up in the morning.
Huge choice at aJudaica
Take your time and stroll through the aJudaica selection of Wash Cups or Natlot as they are called in Hebrew. There is a huge choice - something to match every décor and taste. You will find cups ranging from low-cost budget priced to cups from well-known Israeli artists with their hallmark designs and colors.
Our popular “negel vasser” set, the cute bowls and wash cups especially made for children make a lovely gift. It will encourage the kids to remember to wash their hands. The other kids in the family will want one too so get ready to repeat your gift!
Enjoy our range of budget cost natlot of stainless steel. Some have two handles, enabling easy passing from hand to hand. The words “Netilat Yadayim” are written in Hebrew across the front of the cup.
Yair Emanuel engages us with a striking selection of wash cups with magnificent color combinations and blends - a feast to the eyes. He offers us the familiar and beloved Emanuel designs, so well-known from his other products; the Seven Species, Old City Jerusalem and of course his distinguished peacocks. His selection of cups in aluminum, painted in bright vivid colors, will look stunning alongside your sink.
Michal ben Yosef, maestro of ceramics, displays a magnificent selection of wash cups, decorated with a choice of designs and verses. These are tasteful and elegant. Made from the earth of Israel, they will be a meaningful addition to your home.
Aguayo's sleek unusual wash cups and their striking designs establish him as a master of aluminum. Wherever you place the cup it will be recognized for its impeccable workmanship and original design.
Look through our selection of silver plated filigree designs. They are distinguished and impressive and make beautiful gifts.
In the hands of silver artist Benny Dabah, an aluminum wash cup becomes a work of art that will be admired and appreciated. Hebrew letters from the blessing are skillfully added to the base giving it a regal and distinguished look. His bright cheerful cotemporary colors will endear the mitzvah of Netilat Yadayim.
The perfect gift
Whichever cup you choose, be reassured – a wash cup is a no-fail gift that will always please.