According to Jewish law, one must ritually wash ones hands before eating bread and upon awakening in the morning. These ritual Netilat Yadayim, or Wash cups must be a certain size. When you order a Wash Cup on our website, you can be sure that it is the correct size according to Halachah, or Jewish law.
- Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup Silver Plated Jerusalem Design$33.50
- Blue Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Blue$11.12
- Pink Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Pink$11.12
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup with Brushed Metal Look - Gray and Black$20.56
- White Roses Polyresin Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$25.71
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup with Beige Enamel$23.66
- Classic Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$12.37
- White Triangles Polyresin Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$25.71
- Green Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Green$11.12
- Silver Plated Jerusalem Wash Cup$38.86
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup with Dark Gray Enamel$23.66
- Silver Plated Gleaming Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Geometrical Design$33.50
- Silver-Gold Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup Jerusalem Design$42.26
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup with Light Gray Enamel$23.66
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Silver$36.18
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Blue$36.18
- Hammered Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$15.46
- Yair Emanuel Gleaming Aluminum Small Hourglass Wash Cup - SilverHeight: 4.1"/10.5 cm$29.48
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup Gray with Curving Stripes and Ivory Band$23.66
- White Rope Design Polyresin Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$25.71
- Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Swirling Pomegranates$16.44
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup with Enamel Ivory-Colored Broad Stripe$23.66
- Yair Emanuel Gleaming Aluminum Small Hourglass Wash Cup - BlueHeight: 4.1"/10.5 cm$29.48
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Plum Red$36.18
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Violet$36.18
- Yair Emanuel Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Blue$15.97
- Stainless Steel Black and Gold Marble Design Wash Cup$23.66
- Yair Emanuel Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Silver$15.97
- Shades of Gray Rope Design Polyresin Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$20.62
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup Natla with Two Tone Design - Silver and Gold$23.66
- Orange Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Orange$11.12
- Classic Handcrafted Ceramic Wash Cup by Michal Ben Yosef$36.18
What is a Wash Cup?
A wash cup, a large cup with a circular rim without a lip, is a vital feature in every Jewish home and there is usually at least one cup standing next to every sink. It is used on rising in the morning and throughout the course of the day, the wash cup will be in use as the hands are ritually washed.
The origin of the law of washing hands dates back to the times of the Temple and the stringent laws followed by the Priests regarding purity and hand washing before partaking of the sacrifices. Different grades of purity and impurity were in force until the Destruction of the Temple. Today, an entire body of law governs the wash cup and how and when the hands should be washed.
When do we wash our hands?
The most well-known washing of hands is before eating bread - known as Netilat Yadayim. This is not a washing of hands for hygiene. In fact, before Netilat Yadayim, the hands must be scrupulously clean. So, first use soap and water if you wish. Afterwards, fill the wash cup with clean water and pour twice on each hand until the wrist. The blessing is recited and the hands are carefully dried.
Another important and well-known ritual hand washing is the Netilat Yadayim of negel vasser, the washing of the hands first thing in the morning. Many prepare the bowl and wash cup next to their bed so that it is ready for use the moment they wake up in the morning.
Huge choice at aJudaica
Take your time and stroll through the aJudaica selection of Wash Cups or Natlot as they are called in Hebrew. There is a huge choice - something to match every décor and taste. You will find cups ranging from low-cost budget priced to cups from well-known Israeli artists with their hallmark designs and colors.
Our popular “negel vasser” set, the cute bowls and wash cups especially made for children make a lovely gift. It will encourage the kids to remember to wash their hands. The other kids in the family will want one too so get ready to repeat your gift!
Enjoy our range of budget cost natlot of stainless steel. Some have two handles, enabling easy passing from hand to hand. The words “Netilat Yadayim” are written in Hebrew across the front of the cup.
Yair Emanuel engages us with a striking selection of wash cups with magnificent color combinations and blends - a feast to the eyes. He offers us the familiar and beloved Emanuel designs, so well-known from his other products; the Seven Species, Old City Jerusalem and of course his distinguished peacocks. His selection of cups in aluminum, painted in bright vivid colors, will look stunning alongside your sink.
Michal ben Yosef, maestro of ceramics, displays a magnificent selection of wash cups, decorated with a choice of designs and verses. These are tasteful and elegant. Made from the earth of Israel, they will be a meaningful addition to your home.
Aguayo's sleek unusual wash cups and their striking designs establish him as a master of aluminum. Wherever you place the cup it will be recognized for its impeccable workmanship and original design.
Look through our selection of silver plated filigree designs. They are distinguished and impressive and make beautiful gifts.
In the hands of silver artist Benny Dabah, an aluminum wash cup becomes a work of art that will be admired and appreciated. Hebrew letters from the blessing are skillfully added to the base giving it a regal and distinguished look. His bright cheerful cotemporary colors will endear the mitzvah of Netilat Yadayim.
The perfect gift
Whichever cup you choose, be reassured – a wash cup is a no-fail gift that will always please.